Hybrid SIM account
Hybrid SIM account service enables customers to use a postpaid and prepaid accounts with a single SIM Cards.
- Minimize call interruptions problem caused by pre-paid account balance used up.
- Helps to manage your usage.
- Avoid bill-shock problem and exaggerated bill issue.
- New subscription fee is birr 30.
- For change from post/pre-paid service to Hybrid account is free of charge.
- For change hybrid to postpaid is free of charge and for change from hybrid account to pre-paid is birr 30.
Recharging Hybrid SIM Account
1. To recharge the prepaid account of the Hybrid SIM: –
- For yourself: – *805*VC hidden number*0#Dial.
- For others (third party): – *805*VC hidden number*third party no*0# dial
2. To recharge the Postpaid account of the Hybrid SIM: –
- For yourself: – *805*VC hidden number*1#Dial.
- For others (third party): – *805*VC hidden number*third party no*1# dial
- To recharge your prepaid/postpaid accounts of the hybrid SIM through 3rd party: – dial 909 or 903 and follow the instructions.
- For USSD Dial *804#, for IVR dial to 909 or 903
Terms and Conditions
- New hybrid SIM account subscribers have to sign existing postpaid e-CAF form.
- To Change existing postpaid service to hybrid SIM account, you have to settle first any unpaid or outstanding bills.
- When you change your existing pre-paid/postpaid service to hybrid SIM accounts, any available resource on the existing account will be kept and transferred to the hybrid account safely.
- To subscribe new hybrid SIM account: residential customers will pay birr 250 as initial deposit; and 1,000 initial credit limit will be applied for SOHO/SME enterprise customers. However Key account customers can subscribe free of credit limit and/or initial deposit, just by fulfilling all needed documents.
- When you change hybrid SIM plan to Pre-paid SIM plan, only your prepaid balance on the hybrid will be kept and transferred to the new account properly. And when you change your hybrid SIM plan to postpaid SIM plan only your postpaid balance will be kept and transfer to the new account properly.
- Balance usage priority is configured at offering level (shop) and the service is automatically switched to other account up on balance is used up or credit limit is reached. (This may not be applicable for key account customers if the hybrid SIM default account is set as postpaid first).
- Hybrid SIM account Subscribers can transfer balance (both in and out) only if the default account is prepaid.
- The hybrid SIM account service shall be managed by the existing postpaid mobile life cycle rules and regulations.
- To subscribe new hybrid SIM account and to change the default account (balance usage priority) please visit the nearest ethio telecom shop.