Credit Transfer Service
Ethio Telecom has launched a credit transfer service for its prepaid mobile customers. This innovative service enables prepaid mobile customers to transfer air time from their prepaid mobile account to another prepaid mobile account.
1) The transfer is between prepaid mobile to prepaid mobile account only
2) The transfer uses USSD command.
3) A person can transfer minimum of ETB 5 and maximum of ETB 1,000.
4) Sender should have a minimum of ETB 5 balance after transferring any amount within the predefined range (minimum ETB 5 & maximum ETB1000)
5) The receiver should be in an active state to successfully receive a transferred balance.
6) Confirmation SMS is sent to sender noting that the stated number has received the transferred balance. Also, the receiver is informed the source of transfer.
7) The balance transferred is deducted from the sender and added to the receiver. (Validity period is neither deducted from the sender nor added to the receiver.)
8) Service charge: The sender will be charged ETB 0.30 (without VAT) per each successful transfer.
How a customer can make a transfer
To make the transfer:
*806*mobile number*amount to be transferred# and dial Note:
Mobile number in the above command refers to the mobile number to which the money is going to be transferred (receiver's mobile number).