National Competitive Bid (NCB) for the procurement of Smart Phone-High end/premium, Smart Phone-Mid range, Smart Phone-Entry level/Mid low end & Feature phone
Floating Date: As of July 22, 2019
Closing Date: Until August 15, 2019 5:00 P.M
Opening Date: on August 16, 2019 10:00 A.M
RFQ No. 3663594, 3663595, 3663596 & 3663597
1) Ethio Telecom intends to sign a frame agreement contract for one year with possible extension up to three years with the finally awarded bidder/bidders. Hence, we are pleased to invite all interested and eligible bidders by this National Competitive Bid (NCB) for the procurement of SMART PHONE-HIGH END/PREMIUM, SMART PHONE-MID RANGE, SMART PHONE-ENTRY LEVEL/MID LOW END & FEATURE PHONE with RFQ No. 3663594, 3663595, 3663596 & 3663597 respectively. The Tender remains floating from July 22, 2019 to August 15, 2019.
Bid Documents can be obtained from Ethio Telecom’s Head Office, Room No. 211 during Office hours (Monday to Friday) upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Birr100.00 (Birr One Hundred only).
2) Interested bidders are expected to fulfill the Eligibility Requirements stated here below.
- Availability of bid security (Based on the form in the bidding document);
- Availability of Letter of Authorization to sign the bid offers (Based on the form in the bidding document);
- Anti-bribery pledge form (Based on the form in the bidding document);
- Bidders should have a valid and renewed trade license for the year;
- Bidders should be VAT registered.
3) All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in the amount of Birr 100,000.00 (Birr One Hundred Thousand only).
3.1. The bid bond shall be furnished in one of the following forms: –
b). Certified Cheque /CPO issued by a recognized domestic bank or
c). Bond issued by and/or confirmed through a recognized/reputable domestic bank.
3.2. If the bidder wants to pay cash as stated under 3.1(a) above, the cash has to be deposited to ethio telecom account & bring cash deposit advice to ethio telecom finance before or on the closing date of the proposal and the bidder has to submit the receipt with the envelope (ethio will generate the receipt up on presentation of cash deposit advice).
3.3. The Bank that issues the bond as per 3.1 (b) here above shall unequivocally guarantee to pay the purchaser immediately upon the first written demand of payment. The Purchaser’s written demand of payment shall not be subject to any condition whatsoever.
3.4. The bond issuing bank shall clearly incorporate the content stated under Clause here above on the issued bond.
3.5. Sealed bids marked as: “Tender for Supply of, SMART PHONE-HIGH END/PREMIUM, SMART PHONE-MID RANGE, SMART PHONE-ENTRY LEVEL/MID LOW END & FEATURE PHONE” with RFQ No. 3663594, 3663595, 3663596 & 3663597 and be addressed to:
Ethio Telecom: Supply Chain Division
Head Quarter 2nd floor, Room No.211,
P.O. Box 1047, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Bid proposal will be received at the Churchill Road, Head Quarter 2nd floor, Room No.211, August 15, 2019 until 5:00 P.M. Bids received after the closing time will be automatically rejected and shall be returned unopened to the bidder.
4). Bids received in time and fulfilling the other formalities shall be opened in the presence of interested bidders or their legal representatives at 10:00 A.M on August 16, 2019 at Churchill Road, Head Quarter 2nd floor, Room No.
5). ethio telecom reserves the right to reject all or parts of this bid.
6). No one is allowed to duplicate or transfer the bidding document that she/he acquired to participate under this invitation. Legally authorized agents shall collect the bidding documents for each principal they are representing.
7). Partial bid is allowed.
8). Bidders are seriously advised to read and comply with the instructions provided in this bidding document.