Ethio telecom is looking for qualified applicants who meet the under mentioned requirements. Hence, if you are willing to Join this fast-growing company, please apply before closing date of the vacancy.
- Vacancy Detail
Vacant position: Regional Legal Manager
Vacancy Code: EVA-LEG-HQ-10-2020
Term of Employment: – Permanent
Place of Work: – West Region- Nekemte
Salary: – As per company`s salary scale
- General Mission
- Protect the legal interest of the company by handling legal disputes; assist the decision making process by providing accurate legal advice and manages bad debt cases in the hands of the legal units.
Main duties and tasks:
- Protects the interests of the company by instituting legal actions against individuals/organizations who infringed upon the company’s interests and ensures that the damages to the company are adequately redressed.
- Represents the company in suits instituted against it and ensures the adequacy of the defense submitted to the judiciary,
- Lodges criminal accusations to the competent public authorities on crimes committed against the interest of the company.
- Assists the authorities handling such criminal cases in the gathering of evidence and information available to the company and makes a follow-up on the cases until closure.
- Provides legal opinion and advice on any legal related issues to the management and work units.
- Conduct problem solving researches.
- Studies, organizes, files and diffuses legal or jurisprudence documents and any other legal analysis documents.
- Disseminates legal information to all staffs of the company through communication kit or by conducting workshops.
- Participates in the development and implementation of legal and other company policy, processes and procedures.
- Participates in development and improvement of KPls.
- Manage overall activity of regional and zonal legal operations.
- Responsible for professional and personal development of his/her employees.
- Implement the strategy of the department in line with the strategy of the company.
- Structures, Organizes and manages the section.
- Comment and distribute KPIs results of the department.
- Organize and chairs weekly meetings for top-down and bottom-up information and coordination, and reports to department.
- Key Responsibilities
- Optimal resolution of legal disputes through alternative dispute settlement mechanisms.
- The quality and consistency of arguments on litigation process; assesses the chances of success and makes recommendations to the management on the optimum settlement of the dispute; and forward possible lessons to be taken before or after the case is disposed.
- Work closely with administrative bodies (Kebele, Wereda, etc) in order to Collect bad debt through pre-litigation process, and gather information/evidence about debtors for further action.
- Gather necessary evidence from administrative bodies in order to bring unrecoverable debts for write-off.
- Appraise the performance of his direct subordinates /reports.
- Delegate the mutually agreed objectives to his/her direct reportee’s.
- Responsible for the implementation of processes, procedures and policies with in the department.
- Develop and yearly update his/her direct reporteet s job description in collaboration with HRD.
- Provide support for cross functional units.
- Provide all required information to department for decision making or reporting.
- Protect company interest in any circumstance.
- Ability to convince
- Being open-minded
- Ability to develop and improve
- Ability to communicate
- Labor law
- Contract law
- Penal law
- Telecom law
- Legal techniques
- Minimum Qualification
Master’s Degree in Law (L.L.M) with at least 5 years of experience in Legal Contract or Legal Dispute Management or Legal Advisory or Regulatory Issues activities.
Degree in Law (L.L.B) with at least 7 years of experience in Legal Contract or Legal Dispute Management or Legal Advisory or Regulatory Issues activities.
Date of Application
Opening date: December 14, 2020
Closing date: December 23, 2020
- Application Tips
- Interested applicants shall apply online through website address; https://www.ethiotelecom.et // and other way of application is not acceptable.
- Applicants must have the required educational qualification and experience.
- Applicants are required to print the application confirmation page for successful registration. Any complaints regarding registration will not be entertained otherwise.
- Applicants who submit false or forged documents will be disqualified at any time confirmed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.