- telebirr airtime allows you to top up your own or someone else’s service using options such as Web, Mobile App, USSD and SMS. Registered customers can easily charge airtime for their mobile phones using their telebirr account.
Top up with airtime with telebirr is so easy and fast!
You can easily top up mobile airtime for yourself or anyone else at any time and place without having to visit the retail stores in person using telebirr.
How can we top up mobile airtime using telebirr?
- Dial * 127 # or login telebirr mobile app
- From the options, select ‘Buy Airtime/Package’
- Choose ‘for yourself’, or select someone else
- Enter / select the recipient’s phone number
- Select the airtime amount/ package
- Enter a PIN
- Make sure you transfer
Ethiotel Credit Service
If you or a loved one runs out of airtime and are unable to recharge in time, use telebirr mobile application or dial *127# and get Airtime or Package Credit.
TRANSACTION VALUE (BIRR)
ELIGIBLE FOR (BIRR)
4 to 400
1 to 100
Level 2 & 3
3 & above
3 to 750
1 to 250
Terms & Conditions
- Types of transactions that are considered for credit eligibility are: Airtime and Package purchases using *127# and telebirr mobile application, over the counter airtime recharges, good/ services purchases using telebirr, Bill and Utility Payments via telebirr with in the last month.
- Level-one customers’ transaction value has to be 4 times the credit amount (i.e. to get a 1 Birr Credit you need to have a 4 Birr transaction history and so on)
- Level- two and three customers’ transaction value has to be 3 times the credit amount (i.e. to get a 100 Birr Credit you need to have a 300 Birr transaction history and so on)
- There is no fixed denomination between Birr 1 and Birr 250 for credit. It is dynamic and customer can take any credit amount or value of airtime/ package within the above range as per their account level.
- The customer’s network age in ethio telecom shall be above 3 months (90 days).
- The customer must be at least a one- month active telebirr user.
- The airtime credit can be used for pay as you go usage or to purchase packages.
- The bonus/incentive will not be applicable for airtime/ package credit repayment.
- The airtime/package credit taken will be deducted automatically when the customer deposits cash (via an agent, ethio telecom shop or a bank) or receive money; including remittance, airtime recharge via telebirr (USSD, telebirr App) and airtime recharge via *805#
- All active mobile/ telebirr customers can get Ethiotel Credit Service for themselves and others
- Airtime or package credit taken for others will be owned by the initiator.
- Customers whose SIM cards are barred, blacklisted and suspended are ineligible for Ethiotel Credit Service.
- Customer must repay their previous credit amount completely to get another credit regardless of their eligibility.
- A 10% service charge will be added to each credit taken upon repayment.
- If customers do not repay their credit within 90 days, the system shall deduct the credit amount and service fee from their wallet balance.
- If postpaid customers don’t repay their credit within 90 days and don’t have wallet balance, the credit amount and service fee shall be included in their next bill amount.
- If prepaid customers don’t repay their airtime credit within 90 days and don’t have sufficient balance in their wallet account, credit amount, and penalty payment (15% of the credit amount) will be settled when customers recharge airtime.
- If prepaid customers don’t repay their package credit within 90 days and don’t have sufficient balance in their wallet account, credit amount and service fee will be settled when customers recharge airtime.
- Customers will get notifications up on credit disbursement and repayment.
- Credit due date – time marked as overdue shall be 48hours. If the customer request credit before repaying their previous credit after due date, s/he will not get credit.
- Bad date – time marked as bad debt shall be 90 days.
- Reminder notification will be sent every 15 Days if the customer did not repay the credit.
Non eligible for Airtime credit:
- Barred, blacklisted, suspended customers for SIM card users.
- Frozen, suspended, and Dormant telebirr customers
- Customer must first repay their credit to get another credit however if customers are within the available credit limit and request the remaining credit, they will get as far as it is within the due date.
Example: If customer’s total credit limit is Birr 100 and borrow Birr 50; the available credit limit will be Birr 50 and if the customer request to borrow the remaining Birr 50 before the due date of the contract period, the customer will get the remaining cr