Ethio telecom is pleased to invite companies who would like to partner in provision of international A2P messaging service originating from applications of other networks. This announcement is intended to invite all interested providers of A2P messaging service to submit their proposals that could enable them to become one of the global A2P messaging service provider for ethio telecom. It should be noted that P2P SMS is out of the scope.
All interested A2P service providers are invited to submit their proposals
until 20 February, 2021
The proposal should contain, but not be limited to:
- Company profile (date of establishment, license copy for operation, country of operation, at least one year most recent audited financial statement – A2P SMS monthly traffic is most preferable)
- Detailed information on prior A2P service experience including customer reference (performance reference letter/s related to international A2P SMS).
- Proposed volume of traffic: detailed business case and monthly volume of traffic to be terminated to Ethio telecom network.
- Performance detail: The provider should propose the following:
- Volume of A2P SMS interactions per month
- Volume of messages per second that can be handled by providers
- Volume of individual mobile messages that can run per second
- Global reach: The provider should give information on the number of Connectivity with OTTs, content provider, A2P aggregators and connected mobile operators (customers), etc.
- Technical details: The provider shall clearly state connectivity options (SS7 or SMPP) and technical implementation procedure.
- Implementation Process & Time: The provider shall propose reasonable implementation time with a clear and transparent process.
- Customer service and Technical support: The provider shall state availability of dedicated 24/7 team to support ethio telecom, and time to respond & quality of response.
- Payment Modality option: Providers should state what kind of payment modality they prefer (prepayment or post payment with justification) and ethio telecom will notify the final payment modality after evaluation.
- Firewall: Provider shall state the capability of firewall (hardware & software), and provide details on their network topology
Interested service providers should also clearly state their willingness and capability to:
- Guarantee a monthly target service availability to be included with a contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Fraud protection, sim box and grey route elimination support
- Provide latest ISO accreditation 27001
- Fraud control based on GSMA fraud protection guideline
- Mechanisms to control unsolicited incoming A2P and keep the SMS channel as clean as possible.
- Assign a dedicated account management team
- Provide real time Reporting of A2P traffic sources and volumes, provide customer web portal/Online reporting with detailed traffic and billing reports designed to or better insight into their daily and monthly usage and backup time.
- Provide firewall
- Work on a contractual agreement for minimum of one year to be extended based on performance assessment review on monthly basis.
- Accept ethio telecom standard international A2P termination rate per SMS.
To submit your proposals and for any additional information please use the following contacts. (After submitting your proposals, please confirm the delivery by calling the specified contacts)
- Mariamawit Debebe—- +251 930109204;
- Adam Demeke—— +251 911614858;
Email: – email@example.com