Value Added Services (VAS)
Value Added Services
Subscribe for our variety of Value Added Services of your choice.
Make a group call with up to five people at a time and manage your quick business with people in different locations.
How to make mobile conference calls
- Make your first call
- Wait for your receiver to reply
- Place the current call on hold and tap “add call” to make the second call
- Dial the other number and wait for the answer
- To add more people to the conference, repeat step 3 to 5
- Choose the option “conference” or “Merge call”, now you are in conference with both parties.
- You will be charged with normal voice call tariff for the multiple calls you have made.
Use our Airtime Credit Service when your mobile airtime balance is low & you are unable to top-up.
To get the service, send A, C or L to 810 and follow instructions.
Minimum Subscription Duration
Minimum Average Monthly Recharge (in Birr)
Eligible for (Birr)
Using the service you can get the airtime amount you need for only a 10% service charge to be paid back on your next top-up.
- When your balance is low,
- When a top-up option is unavailable around,
- When you do not have the money to buy airtime at the moment.
- Active prepaid (not postpaid and hybrid) mobile service customers,
- Customers who have been on our network for a minimum of 3 months,
- Customers with a minimum top-up of 30-birr airtime per month,
- Customers whose service number is not barred, blacklisted, or suspended,
- Customers who have fully paid their previous airtime credit.
- Request others to call you back for free whenever your mobile airtime is out of balance.
- Insert *807*recipient’s mobile number# then press dial key to get the service.
- It enables you to get connected 24/7 even when your mobile balance is zero.
- You can ask as many Call Me Back requests as needed 5 times per day.
- Call Me Back request is free
Send some portion of your mobile airtime to your beloved ones or your own secondary account.
Insert *806*mobile number*amount to be transferred# and press dial key to use the service.
Benefits & features of the service
- Allows you to transfer/share airtime for those in need of mobile airtime credits for immediate use.
- The transfer is between prepaid mobile accounts only
- The receiver should be in an active state to successfully receive a transferred balance
- A person can transfer a minimum of ETB 1 and maximum of ETB 1,000.
- Price per each successful transfer ETB 0.20
Entertain your callers with your lovely tones using our Color Ring Back Tone(CRBT)
|Monthly Service Rent||ETB 5|
|Local CRBT's||ETB 5|
|International CRBT's||ETB 7|
- To subscribe the service, send A to 822 or visit our CRBT portal www.crbt.et
- To unsubscribe send U
- To get support send H
Benefits & features of the service
- It will give you a unique identity
- It can turn the wait for an answer into an entertaining, social, and informative experience
- Makes your callers enjoy and relax while making a call to you
- You can assign different ring back tones to various contacts
- You can also assign CRBTs for a specific time segment, such as morning CRBT, Holyday CRBT, Valentine’s Day CRBT, etc.
Record and send voice messages like a short text message on the go.
|Service type||Duration of a message||Price per|
|Sending VSMS||30 second||ETB 0.42|
|Retrieve/Listen new VSMS||Free|
|Re-play/re-listen to saved message (after twice)||30 second||ETB 0.12|
|Reply to VSMS||30 second||ETB 0.42|
|Forwarding a VSMS||ETB 0.42|
|Subscription and rental fee||Free|
|Notifications from system number||Free|
- The receiver can listen the voice message by dialing the number code received through text message.
- You can record and send your voice SMS in your preferred language,
- It is less time consuming to send voice message,
- Easy to send voice messages on the move,
- All handset types can support the service.
Let your callers leave you a voice message when you are not reachable.
Notification SMS from 824
Announcements during voice message retrieval
- The service helps you get important messages if you are out of reach, not in a suitable position to answer, your phone is off, out of network coverage or when your phone is busy.
The service notifies you via SMS when the person you have been trying to call was unreachable – “out of coverage or phone turned/switched off” becomes available to the network.
How to use the service:
- The service is already activated by default to all our mobile subscribers and can be activated or deactivated by using SMS and USSD channels.
Activation & deactivation
- To deactivate send D1 to 824
- To re-activate send A1 to 824
- No more unnecessary calls when the person you want to talk to is unreachable
- Let you know when to attempt the failed calls
- Increase productive by notifying business men when the person you have been calling is available.
- All our mobile subscribers can get the service without any subscription and monthly fee.
- SMS notification is free.
- The service will notify you by SMS about who called you while your phone was switched off or out of reach.
- Using the service, you will still receive all your missed calls even if you are out of service area coverage or when your mobile runs out of battery.
- You will get notification for all your missed calls
- Helps you to receive SMS notification which enables you to know who called you while your phone was switched off or when you were out of network coverage.
- The service is FREE for all mobile subscribers.
How to use the service
- By default, this service is activated for all our mobile customers
Deactivation and Reactivation
- To deactivate send D2 to 824.
- To activate send A2 to 824.
- Call waiting is a telephone service that sends you a signal if another call arrives while you are already on the phone. You will receive a call-waiting tone (beep tone) as a notification.
You will not miss important calls while you are handling other calls.
- You can activate or deactivate Call Waiting feature from your phone.
The service is free and can be activated on most mobile phones
- This service allows you to forward your mobile incoming calls to another phone.
- You can activate and deactivate the feature using your telephone.
- You can forward your call (or divert calls) under the following condition:
- If busy
- If out of reach
- If not answered
- For all calls
- Useful when user is out of reach
- User can not miss important calls and can always get into contact with anybody
- Activation fee: Free
- Usage fee:
- Peak hour : 0.50 birr/min (VAT inclusive)
- Off peak hour: 0.35 birr/min (VAT Inclusive)
Are easy to remember and easy to dial. These numbers are classified into four categories; Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze.
How to Subscribe
At the nearby Ethio shops; as both residential & enterprise.
Whenever you have a plan to go abroad or want to keep your mobile or fixed line number without using it for a long period of time, you can subscribe for KEEP MY NUMBER SERVICE and reuse your phone number.
You can keep your number for up to 5 years.
Service Charge Br. 109 per year
To get the service please visit the nearest Ethio telecom shop.