Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- VPN enables private and public institutions to connect with their various branches and to establish their own private networks.
- The service enables you to share information and activate all information technology systems inside your branches via fixed and mobile options.
- It is available all over Ethiopia in areas covered by our terrestrial and mobile network that support data services.
We provide VPN services through:
- Mobile Broadband VPN
- Fixed Broadband VPN
Mobile VPN Monthly Package Offers
|Mobile VPN Monthly Package Tariff|
|Package Type||Old Price||New Price|
|1GB||Bir. 75||Bir. 60|
|4GB||Bir. 250||Bir. 200|
|8GB||Bir. 450||Bir. 360|
|10GB||Bir. 520||Bir. 420|
|20GB||Br. 890||Bir. 700|
|Unlimited||Bir. 1510||Bir. 999|
Fixed Broadband VPN
Fixed Wired and wireless broadband VPN helps companies to connect Branches application and data center to head office. It is a service that enables secured communications inside an organization.
The VPN uses a shared public telecommunication infrastructure, such as internet, to provide remote offices or individuals secure access to their organization’s network and data.
We offer VPN service mainly through MPLS (Multi-Protocol Labeled Switch), the most cost-effective way to have a secured connection between different sites/branches of an organization.
Benefits of VPN service
- Secured Data Communication
- You can manage your geographically scattered branches from in one place
- Business continuity
- Reduces operational cost of your business
Fixed Broadband Local MPLS VPN Tariff
|Access Speed||Monthly Rent in Birr|
- All tariffs are VAT inclusive
- For more than 1Gbps access speed price:
Y= 1Gbps price +200 *(N-1024)
- Where Y is the price of the required access speed (in, Gbps) with VAT
- N: the required access speed
- The constant 200: per Mbps price
- Requested access speed shall be entered in Mbps in the above formula.
- The constant number 1024: the Mbps equivalent for 1Gbps
- Subscription, reconnection, name change, ownership change and line shifting/relocation fees are free.
Fixed Wireless Broadband VPN
It is a VPN service with wireless access but fixed in a certain location. The service can be given through different access methods like Aironet and VSAT.
- Used as wireless back up for business continuity
- Reduces operational cost
- Facilitates connectivity where there is no territorial (wired network)
- Scalability – Customers enjoy faster provisioning to connect new sites, new
users, and new applications
- High Availability
- Security and customer-defined access control – Customers can enforce their private security policy to administrate which users can access which portions of the network.
FIXED LOCAL WIRELESS MPLS -VPN via VSAT
|Speed option||Old Monthly Tariff||New Monthly Tariff|
|4 MB||New offer||28,880|
|5 MB||New offer||31,768|
- For VSAT Broadband Voice + VPN service request, voice subscription and rental fee will be added on top of the VPN subscription and rental fee
- Voice only service can’t be offered
- Voice channel request: maximum of 6 voice channels provided to one customer
- The subscription and usage tariff for voice channel will be the same as fixed line
- Usage tariff not included in this tariff
- All tariffs are VAT inclusive
- The subscription fee is inclusive of stamp duty