5G Mobile Packages
New Speed, New Convenience, New Lifestyle
Monthly 5G Mobile Package
Monthly Unlimited 5G Mobile Package
5G Fixed Wireless Access for your Home
- The 5G package is available to all prepaid, postpaid, and hybrid 5G SIM subscribers.
- Customers can update their 4G SIM to 5G or subscribe a new 5G SIM to access 5G packages.
- For the time being, 5G customers can access the existing 4G packages.
- To access 5G speeds, consumers must have 5G-capable devices and be in 5G network coverage.
- Customers who purchase a 5G package will continue to use the internet via existing 3G/4G networks if they are out of 5G coverage.
- The subscription fee for a 5G Service number is the same as the existing 4G subscription fee.
- All 5G-package plans validity period is 30 Days.
- Package conversion for a specified package is not allowed.
- Customer can transfer 5G packages from 5G to 5G SIM subscribers.
- 4G customer cannot be subscribe 5G packages however can send gift for 5G subscribers
- All existing mobile package business rules will remain unchanged.
Frequently Asked Questions for 5G Service
What is 5G?
✓5G is the fifth generation of cellular technology. It is designed to increase speed, reduce
latency, and improve the flexibility of wireless services.
What is the difference between 4G and 5G?
✓The main differences between 4G and 5G are faster speed, higher bandwidth, and lower
“latency”, or the communication lag time between the device and the server.
What are the benefits of 5G?
The 5G network provides enhanced performance, increased capacity, and network efficiency in
- Faster downloads
- More devices & and device types for both personal and enterprise use
- Lower end-to-end network latency
- Flexibility with network slicing
- Massive IoT with a high density of smart devices
What is the requirement to get 5G service?
- 5G Enabled SIM card
- 5G Supported Mobile Phone
- Available in 5G network coverage
How do I activate my SIM to support 5G Service?
- Can upgrade the existing 4G SIM card to 5G service
- Subscribe the new 5G SIM card
Will every smartphone be able to use 5G service?
✓No: - The 5G service can only be accessed by mobile devices having 5G capabilities.
How do I know that my phone is 5G support?
✓You can check if your phone is 5G capable or not on the device setting/about the phone
or on the “Preferred Network type/mode” list
Are all customers eligible for this service?
✓Yes, the 5G service is available for all prepaid and postpaid as well as hybrid 5G SIM
What is the price of 5G service?
✓The price for 5G service is the same as the subscription fee for 4G service.
How to activate 5G service in our device?
For Android Phones:
- Go to Settings
- Select “SIM Card and Mobile Network”
- Select SIM.
- Select “Preferred Network type/mode”
- Select “5G/4G/3G/2G (Auto)”
For iPhone phones:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Tap on “Cellular”
- Tap on “Cellular Data Option”
- Tap on “Voice & Data”
- Select “5G On”
I have a 5G device. Do I need to check whether it supports or not?
✓Most 5G devices are compatible with the 5G network. Some devices might require a software
upgrade which will directly get pushed to your phone from the device brands. Please ensure
you install the update to make your phone 5G-ready. Steps to update software:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on “Software update”
- Tap on “Download and install”
- Select “install”
What happens if I move from a 5G coverage area to a 4G/3G coverage area?
✓You will be able to move seamlessly between 5G and 4G/3G networks without any action or
intervention required on your part. The network displays on your mobile will show 5G or
4G/3G depending on the coverage available in your location
Does Ethio Telecom provide a separate Mobile Data Package for 5G service?
✓Yes, both limited and unlimited packages are ready for 5G service only
✓Also, 5G customers can purchase and use the mobile packages currently offered to 4G
What are the available 5G packages?
Monthly limited 5G packages
✓150 GB with 929 ETB
✓250 GB with 979 ETB
Note: Out-of-package usage tariff is 0.9 Cent/MB
Monthly 5G Unlimited Packages
✓After 400 GB usage, the Faire Usage Policy (FUP) will applied with 1199 ETB
✓After 500 GB usage, the Faire Usage Policy (FUP) will applied with 1299 ETB
Note: After the Faire Usage Policy (FUP), the speed will be 8 MB/Second
Where can I get the 5G package?
- The packages are available via
o USSD *9999#
o My Ethio tele App
o telebirr super app and
o Ethio telecom service centers
Is the 5G package available to everyone?
✓No: The 5G packages are available ONLY to customers using 5G SIM
Can I use a 5G package while outside 5G coverage?
✓Customers who have purchased a 5G package can use the purchased package using a
3G/4G network when they are outside the 5G network coverage.
Can I transfer or convert the purchased 5G package resources?
✓The 5G limited package can be transferred to another user and the recipient's SIM card must
✓But, the 5G packs cannot be changed/converted to another pack.
I do not have a 5G phone and I am planning to buy it next week. Can I claim the package now
and use it later?
✓Yes, you can use the package within the validity period using the new 5G supported phone.
What are the phones that support 5G networks?
✓5G Supported Sample Mobile Models List is attached with excel sheet
Does Ethio telecom provide 5G support for mobile and router devices?
✓Yes: Please visit nearest Ethio telecom service center or visit Telegebaya