It enables customers to convert and fully utilize their existing free resources into either voice, Data, or SMS interchangeably based on their preferences.
- The service is eligible for both residential and enterprise customers.
- Prepaid, postpaid & hybrid customers are qualified for this services.
- The SIM status must not be idle, barring, pre-deactivate, or deactivate.
- All unlimited packages, M2M resources, data only resources and all enterprise benefits are not eligible for resource conversion service (including ethio telecom staff benefits)
- Only weekly and monthly packages are eligible for resource conversion.
- The resources which have the shortest expiry date will be first converted.
- Minimum threshold is required for converted resource.
- Minimum threshold for Voice = 5Min.
- Minimum threshold for Data = 20 MB.
- Minimum threshold for SMS= 20 SMS.
- The customer could not be able to transfer the converted resource
- Once the customer has converted the resources as a gift for others, it is impossible to reverse.
- All weekly and monthly packages are eligible for resource conversion.
- The validity date of the converted resource is driven from the original date of the package purchasing.
- The converted resource is irreversible and cannot be converted more than one. For instance, converting voice into data, then the converted data into SMS is impossible.
- The customer can convert the received weekly & monthly gift resource based on his/her preference.
- Resource conversion is not possible for the unlimited package users.
- Applicable through USSD, CRM, Mobile App and E- Care.
- Customers can query to know his/her remaining balance
- The final converted amount will be round up or round down based on the existing mathematical rules of numbering. (if >0.5 round up & 0.5> round down)
Package sharing service allows the customers to transfer full or some portion of their mobile service available resources (Voice, Data and SMS) to other customers (friends, families, relatives…)
- The service is eligible for active Prepaid, Postpaid and Hybrid package subscribers.
- Residential mobile prepaid/postpaid/hybrid customers are allowed to transfer resources to residential or enterprise mobile postpaid/prepaid/hybrid users.
- The customer will be charged 12 cents per transaction to transfer resource (same with airtime transfer fee)
- Enterprise mobile customer can receive the resource, but not able to transfer to others
- The line of Ethio telecom employees (Postpaid line with benefits) will only be able to receive the resource but will not be able to transfer to other lines.
- Customers with mobile plans which has equal or more than 24 hours/Daily validity period are eligible for this service.
- The validity period of the shared resource will have the same validity as the original resource (the transferor resource validity period).
E.g., If a customer has a resource with a validity date of 1 Jan 2021 and share some of that package, the receiver resource will also expire on 1 Jan 2020
- The system should allow for customers to transfer the donated resources.
- Customers can access the service via USSD (ethiogebeta) and mobile app (My ethiotel app).
- Unlimited package mobile service resource could not be transferred.
- Fixed-line subscribers are unable to receive all transferred service types.
- The transferred package cannot be reversed. A pop-up message will be displayed on the donor screen to confirm that MSISDN is correct before the send button is presented.
- The life cycle status of the transferor and receiver service number must be active to transfer resource.
- To share the resource, the sender should have enough balance or the minimum required balance from their donor line.
- Customers can transfer the full amount of available resource on their service number to other customers.
- When the recipient's service number status is barring, suspend, deactivate, and pre-deactivate the sender will receive pop up notification.
- The customer can transfer the resources to the user multiple times until the maximum daily limits are reached.
- Promotional and bonus resources are allowed to be transferred except for the M2M package and starter package (for new registration), as the package is intended to enhance the user experience.
- Once the resource has been successfully transferred, both the sender and receiver will receive a confirmation SMS. The SMS will state the resource size, available balance now, expiry date and the donor customer’s mobile number.
|Minimum Daily Package Sharing||Maximum Daily Package Sharing|
|Voice||3 Minutes||100 Minutes|
|Data||30 MB||1 GB|
|SMS||5 SMS||500 SMS|